If you happen to have a tooth that is currently damaged beyond repair because of tooth decay, or if you happen to already have a missing tooth, then you should look into options for replacing them. The two most popular ones being dental bridges, dentures, and dental implants etc. However, for the sake of this article, we will be solely looking at dental implants and why you should opt for an implant service.
- Dental implants are able to perfectly mimic the function of natural teeth, in fact, their functional ability is nearly identical. This means that you are able to use the dental implant as you would your normal teeth, so you do not have to avoid certain foods or worry too much about maintenance apart from following a normal oral care
- Having a missing tooth actually affects the one in the area and it can make the area look more sunken. However, by having a dental implant, you can avoid bone resorption since the implant will mimic the natural shape and function of a natural root, ultimately helping to preserve your bone.
- A dental implant looks exactly like natural teeth, so they will blend in seamlessly.
- Dental implants happen to be really durable, and with proper care can last between 20-50 years, which is the highest possible rate of success for any dental procedure that deals with replacing missing teeth.
- Dental implants do not cause any pain or discomfort. So, you are able to carry on your normal eating routine without any problems.
- A dental implant will not cause any problems to its surrounding teeth. The surgeon will create an independent tooth that will not have to rely on its surrounding teeth for support, so there is no additional wear or tear to surrounding teeth when it comes to dental implants.